Medical License Defense Attorney
Protect your Medical Board of California (MBC) license
- Was your application to the MBC rejected (or you’re worried it will be)?
- Are you under investigation?
- Do you have a pending criminal matter or a criminal conviction?
Whatever your concern, Unlock Legal can help you. We are trusted professional license defense attorneys. We’re the experts in defending professionals and protecting their licenses. If your MBC license is in jeopardy for any reason, contact us immediately for a free consultation.
Unlock Legal accepts HPSO insurance.
Request a free consultation
Contact us today for a confidential case assessment
Why You Need a Medical License Defense lawyer
Obtaining a medical license represents a singular dedication, and doing so comes with considerable sacrifice and commitment. If you are facing either an investigation by the Medical Board of California or a criminal charge, your professional licensure, reputation, and livelihood are all on the line, and working closely with an experienced California medical license defense attorney from the outset is always in your best interest.
Defending Your Medical License
You’ve dedicated your professional career to caring for your patients, and now your professional licensure is in jeopardy. Better understanding the path forward can help you make the right decisions for you – in your unique situation – along the way.
New License Applications
- Pending criminal charges
- A history of discipline in another state
- A criminal history
- Deficiencies in terms of education or medical program
- A medical degree from a university that the Board does not recognize
Physician Complaint or Charge
The first step in any enforcement procedure by the Board is triggered when the Central Complaint Unit receives any of the following:
- A complaint alleging violations of the Medical Practice Act by a patient, insurance company, healthcare practitioner, or anonymous party
- An 805 report from a healthcare facility or peer review
- A notice of criminal charge or conviction
- A notice of disciplinary action in another state
- A settlement or award disclosure from a medical malpractice case
- A coroner’s report identifying death as a result of gross negligence on the part of a physician
- An adverse event report from an outpatient surgery center
- A report of medical procedure outside of an acute care hospital resulting in patient death
- Failure to meet continuing education requirements
- Continuing education was not accepted by the board
- Accused of continuing education fraud
If the analyst evaluating the claim deems the complaint credible, it will be referred for investigation.
Medical Board License Discipline Defense
You are a licensed MD facing a disciplinary action by an investigating agency or the MBC. This is a serious threat to everything you’ve worked so hard to accomplish. If you are being investigated or there are allegations against you, don’t delay in contacting us for medical license defense. We have the expertise to successfully negotiate settlements, help fight penalties and can represent you at your hearing to get the best possible result.
The Medical License Investigation Interview
You may be informed that you are under investigation by letter, phone call, records request, or subpoena, and it is important to recognize that the involved investigators are experts in their field who have the power to execute warrants, arrest you, and testify at your hearing. In other words, you need a seasoned medical license defense attorney in your corner. This is the crucial stage in the process when you retain the ability to demonstrate that professional discipline is not warranted, which is the best possible resolution. If your case is resolved here, the allegation in question will not be published by the Medical Board.
The Next Stages
If your case does proceed, the next two stages include:
- The filing of a formal accusation
- An administrative hearing
If you ultimately face disciplinary action, you have the right to appeal and to seek license reinstatement or penalty relief.
Reinstatement of Medical Board license
At some point in your past you surrendered your MBC license or had it revoked. The required waiting period (one to three years) has passed, and you are ready to submit a Petition for Reinstatement. Reinstatement of a medical license can be a daunting process, and we are here to help you every step of the way. We can help you prepare and submit your petition with expert precision to ensure the best possible outcome for you. Don’t delay the possibility of having your license, and your livelihood as an MD restored.
Reach Out to an Experienced California Medical License Defense Attorney Today
If you are facing investigation by the Board, the focused California medical license defense attorneys at Unlock Legal are proud to have an exemplary track record of zealously defending the licensure, livelihoods, and professional standing of clients like you. For more information, please don’t wait to contact or call us at 949-988-4444 today.